To soccer player, both male and female players, footwear is always considered the most essential piece of soccer equipment. This soccer footwear is also the most difficult to choose. More especially for women’s soccer cleats, the possibilities are never-ending with so many different styles and plenty different technologies.
There are basically two major considerations related to performance when you’re still making decision for buying the right women’s soccer cleats. The first is what kind of surface do you play, while the second is how much touch does your game require? What you have on your feet will play pivotal role for what happens on the field.
You may be able to find the best suited women’s soccer cleats after answering those two questions. However, the most ultimate thing for optimal performance is comfort, along with durability. Moreover, for picking the right one you have to know about the detail parts which construct your soccer cleats.
It is part of the shoe which touches the ground. Main types of soccer outsoles are:
- Firm Ground (FG) or Molded – for most firm natural surfaces.
- Soft Ground (SG) or Replacable – for soft or wet natural surfaces.
- Hard Ground (HG) or MultiGround (MG) – for artificial or hard natural surfaces, for example artificial turf or solid, sun-baked ground.
- Turf – for hard, natural fields and artificial turf.
- Indoor – for indoor or dry artificial surfaces.
It is part of the shoe which has contact with the ball, typically crafted from different natural and synthetic leathers. Three main types of upper are:
- Kangaroo leather – a soft leather, stretchy, the most expensive and pricy, lightweight, and high quality.
- Calfskin or Full-Grain – less supple yet more durable than kangaroo, heavier, less stretchy.
- Pittards leather – only used in Puma shoes, type of calfskin leather which has underwent a patented treatment process, water resistant quality, soft, less stretchy.
Women’s soccer cleats are usually smaller by a size to a size-and-a-half. For instance, if you wear women’s size 8, you can wear men’s size 6.5.